TEACHING PIETY TO…
- Let them see you pray.
- Say simple prayers with them every day.
- Teach them God is our Father and we should please him.
- Teach love for the Blessed Eucharist through the importance it has in your life.
- Pass on your own love for Our Lady.
- Introduce your children to Jesus’ life through the stories you tell.
- Talk of God, naturally in the family.
- Foster their daily prayers.
- Help them to see the importance of sacraments in your life.
- Take an interest in school religion lessons and homework.
- Teach them to say sorry to God when they offend him.
- Emphasise the positive importance of doing good and working hard.
- Let the children see your behaviour is consistent with your values.
- One cannot force piety; don’t lecture; help them reflect on the causes and consequences of their actions.
- Help them to see that struggle, and ups and downs are a part of life and the virtue of fortitude.
- Open their horizons to works of mercy and generous ideals.
- Give example of the cheerfulness and generosity that your life lived with Faith should produce.
Source: REDFIELD COLLEGE,
New South Wales.